Saturday, November 19, 2011

Weekend Warrior Workout

Hey guys,

I have a great one for you today. The sole purpose for me to start this blog was to create a fitness community filled with motivation and an "I can" type of mentality. My program has delivered world class results to my clients which includes excellent strength gains and body fat loss averaging 2% or more per month. With that in mind, I'm starting a new tradition on my blog called "The Weekend Warrior Workout of the Week." I know...a lot of W's. It's basically a fix for you weekend warriors to have fun in groups during the weekend and get a feel for the Fitter With Ritter program.

Every Saturday, I plan on posting a workout of the week with a video of me and a trainer from Harbour Island Athletic Club "kickin arse" like usual. Due to my own inability to figure out my own camera I'm starting the video next week. Feel free to try these workouts or the scaled version at your own risk by yourself of with others.


Today's Weekend Warrior Workout is:


5 Rounds of:
2 minute intervals of *treadmill sprints and **Rowing totaling 20 minutes
(2minutes run then 2 minutes row = 1 round)
Score by *total distance and **calories


Perform the workout with a partner so both machines are going at all times. Alternate when treadmill timer reaches 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 etc...



TEAM MIKE AND EMILY: Completed 2.7 miles and 239 calories 

Scaled without equipment:
Replace treadmill with road run 
Replace rower with burpees

Post your times!

No comments:

Post a Comment