Thursday, May 17, 2012

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Hey Fitters!
Thanks again for reading. I really appreciate the support from everyone. Today's blog will make for an entraining read for most of you ;)

This last week has been exceptional. Both personally and profressionally. Before I dive into the meat of this I'd like to say that I make a conscious effort to avoid making this blog a status update on my life or a diary. Most of my daily conversations, speeches and training sessions do inspire me to write, but the topics are all themselves their own. While narrowing down my list of potential topics of the week, I try to decipher which is the most inspiring and has somewhat of a unique angle on fitness, nutrition or successful thinking. This week last week required an exceptional amount improvisation and creativity on my part to tackle some issues I believe everyone reading this has encountered or will. Here is some awesomeness from the week and some unique problems we had to tackle
Long time client Katie Fernald has had some grip issues with some key lifts. Among other tactics we pulled out the "fat bar" deadlift to spread the hands out and force a more cognicent clamp on the bar.

Kettlebell class is rocking. The ladies are learning complex movements, becoming better athletes and looking the part ;)

Lights out! This is a picture of the lights out bootcamp from March. The gym lost electricity, they didn't lose their mojo.




Long time bootcamper, Habiba hits a personal best 500m in 3:15. Booyah! If you're not using the rower on a regular basis, you're likely missing out a viking-like fitness level.





Thank you all so much for your awesome effort and I will keep shouting you out on the blog.

P.S. burpees make you sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment