Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Result Cult 60 Day Challenge

Thanks to everyone who participated in my workshops these last few months. Everyone is already seeing the difference in their mood, appetite, athletic performance and body fat.

In my last Good Calories vs. Bad Calories workshop I worked primarily around the acronym of F.I.T. that trainer Jason Grace and I collaborated on months ago. Our experience makes us believers that fast results come from programming with not only the right ingredients, but also the correct emphasis of prioritization.

Our acronym F.I.T. stands for : Food. Inspiration. Training in that order.

Food- I know many people who try to out exercise their diet (see my blog post "The Exercise Myth"). At least long term this never works. A bad diet encourages poor health and eventually poor healthy or even poor fuel in general will hamper or kill even the best workout programs.

Inspiration- Train your butt off for 90 days and you will see results. Results are inspiring arent they? After the 90 days are over then what? You need to find something new and exciting. If you've committed to a lifestyle change you will undoubtedly repeat this process for years. You must learn the art of inspiration or you're very likely to fall on and off the wagon. It's all about discipline. Now is the best time to get inspired with our unlimited information highway at our fingertips and more people getting involved in fun, natural outdoor fitness and support systems. Get on it now!

Training- Choosing the right training system is very important but beginners can see results very easily. They can also never be seen if you have no clue. Consult a professional first (just about every gym offers free pt sessions to start). Once you become more "Fit" you better have a pretty good idea what you're doing or overuse injuries can start hashing and specific programming is necessary to continue seeing results.




After the workshop I was approached by a few of my clients and bootcampers about this online Paleo Diet Challenge. The challenge is 60 days of strict Paleo eating with strength and conditioning tests before and afterwards. There was a registration fee, t shirts & prize giveaways and some really cool challenges throughout the 60 days. I thought it was a great idea. In fact it was such a good that later that night I thought to myself that I was a complete dummy if I didn't take this opportunity to help grow the culture that I've dreamt of creating ever since I got here early last year. A cult if you will of health first minded, self esteem growing, empowered females and males who enjoy 100% of life.

I approached many people about this and so far we have 15-20 people that are excited to get involved in 60 days of clean eating and training while logging the results. One is even doing a full executive blood test! I can't be more elated. Starting September 3rd these individuals are jumping in and taking full responsibility for their health and I'm naming this group appropriately The Result Cult.

This cult is not an evil hippy religious group. There are no secret meetings, no kool aid, and no higher power we are praying to. The Result Cult is a name I've given to a group of people, myself included, who have taken it amongst themselves to generate a group support system to inspire, educate and train themselves into optimum health. Training your body to become skinny is a drastically different approach than training to become healthy. We are training to become healthy and as a by-product of optimum health, stay lean. We train because we love our bodies, not because we hate it.

There are no monthly dues or special stickers. Anyone can decide the group isnt for them at any time he or she chooses. There are no pieces of gold colored plastic to put on a mantal for winning either. The draw and reward is the empowerment a group of like minded individuals feed into each other, inspiration through education and brainstorming and the inequivical physical results you get from a complete F.I.T. program.


If you are interested in joining in the 60 day challenge at any point please contact me at mritter@wellbridge.com for more details.

Thanks and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment