Thursday, February 9, 2012

Am I doing these right?

How important is technique?

Technique is a fun topic to cover. Everyone knows its important. My clients here me griping to them all day about their form on wall balls, squats, lunges, etc.. The ones that take their technique seriously are the ones who see their results continue upward while the ones who wont eventually find a ceiling which they finally bruise the top of their melon due to repetitive head butting.

3 things happen when you take the time to learn and pay to detail from the beginning:
1- you have to start over less often. Just ask my brother what dead lifting 135 for 5 reps in a gym full of people feels like.
2- you have to start over less often. Just ask me what squatting 135 for 5 reps in a gym full of people feels like.
3- you have to start over less often. Just ask anyone who's hit a plateau due to overuse injuries or shear neglect.


If you dont know proper form stop being lazy, sit at your computer like a fit person and use the greatest information system in the world at your fingertips. If you're a Harbour Islander please email me at mritter@wellbridge.com and I would love to setup an assessmewnt with you.

The squat is a high payoff movment so next blog I'm posting a video on proper squat form, a self check system, and specific warm up to ensure your hips are nice and slidey and core stays tall and warrior like.

Til tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment